BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #71
rainyday

rainyday has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastelegy View Post
yeah. im staying in hall 3
haha im doing biz
heyhey!
i am staying hall 3 and taking buiz too!!
are u gg for the hostel camp?
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #72
ijelly

ijelly has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyjas View Post
who is in hall 13?
i got 13 too!
you gg hall camp?
ijelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #73
thelastelegy

thelastelegy has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
heyhey!
i am staying hall 3 and taking buiz too!!
are u gg for the hostel camp?
ya i signed up..
thelastelegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #74
cleanerdung

cleanerdung has a neutral reputation

interesting read from another forum:
http://forums.cozycot.com/1972464-post330.html

hall 3 is the first hall 2 mins from lwn library bus stop... its very comfortable and nice, looks like condo. very very secure also, got password/card protected everywhere - toilet, staircase, lounge etc.

because its so near to nie, you dont even need umbrella when its raining cause its covered all the way... hahaha

the people in that hall are quite famous for their "atas" status, they wear prada bedroom slippers, branded clothes even when just sitting in the lounge, and get their maids to clean their rooms and wash their clothes. apparently for 2nd year ppl onwards, you have to have "connections" in order to continue staying there, but not sure if its true haha.

hall 3 is not THAT far from nbs, its only about 15min walk from lwn. i stayed at hall 11 and 15, it takes me 40 mins to walk to nbs if i cut through hall 2, more if i walk to lwn. can3 not so nice... i prefer hall 14 canteen, alot of variety and cheap too. should try their korean food!!! damn delicious. oh and their desserts stall....

can 13 also not bad, just that they always open very late close very early. also got alot of good looking guys staying at hall 12/13, although thats abit OOT heehee. if you dont mind walking, can11 got this steamboat[???] stall, $8 can share 2-3ppl.

since u are in nbs, can b will most probably be where you eat the most.... got a very very good malay stall, if you like malay food. their line is always the longest during lunch. snakes all the way until the outside area. and the only time dont have line for their stall is 3-4pm onwards. their breakfast stuff also not bad... if you can wake up early lol.... DONT eat the beijing stall... totally sucks. the vegetarian stall also not bad, just that the stall owner very kiam sap, give very little ingredients.

Last edited by cleanerdung; 07-27-2009 at 10:13 AM.
cleanerdung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #75
cleanerdung

cleanerdung has a neutral reputation

another post from the same forum:
http://forums.cozycot.com/1974107-post344.html

the earlier you go to pick up your keys, the more choices in block, level and room you have. makes no difference to me la, unless you already know people in the same hall. at the office, if you dont already have a roommate, they will ask you if you mind having roommates who are foreigners, different races or same race.

not sure if its coincidence or they put the indians with indians and malays with malays, cause i stayed in hall 9 last sem, and the whole of the first level in a certain block was malay guys and there's this stretch of corridor along hall 10 with indian guys.

if you choose foreigners, you get extra points i think. but so far, i rarely know of locals who purposely go and choose to bunk with foreigners... dont ask me why, i dunno.
i just think they have really weird personalities... i once had a bunch of ang moh foreigners living in the same block at hall15 and they had some sort of "party" in the middle of the night and burnt the pantry!!!! they were like dead drunk and sleeping on the floor half naked. and there were like broken plates and beer bottles everywhere. and they always walk around in their underwear... and the brazen ones will just get out of the toilet wearing just a towel around their body after shower.

there was also this room with an african-american and china girls, and they actually boarded up the middle of the room with cardboard?!! so they didnt see each other at all and cannot cross over the other side. i always laughed like crazy everytime i walked past that room, can you imagine the emnity between them???!!!!

i think hall 3 all their blocks not bad, got a few friends staying there, and all their rooms and locations similar, no big disadvantage. cant really remember, but i thought the hall camp application form is given quite early on? i found it [the form] quite discriminating actually... i mean we are entering university and you still have to fill in trivial stuff like your height, weight, race etc... i thought since we are already going to be living together in the same hall, should just accept the differences right? just my 2 cents.

actually there are no special tips on staying in hall... just get some studying done lol!!

Last edited by cleanerdung; 07-27-2009 at 10:13 AM.
cleanerdung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #76
roxyjas

roxyjas has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijelly View Post
i got 13 too!
you gg hall camp?
yes definitely going. cos its at sembawang, n i live there haha
roxyjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #77
kAi

kAi has a neutral reputation

cleanerdung, thats pretty informative. anyway, which level are u doing?
kAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #78
klamersus

klamersus has a neutral reputation

hey anyone here interested to change rooms to hall 4? I'm looking to shift towards the hall 8 and hall 3,12-14 side cuz I have alot of friends over there haha. Currently occupying a double room!

But my roomie does not stay in because his scholarship pays for the room hence you can have the whole room to yourself!
klamersus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #79
dukes05

dukes05 has a neutral reputation
Default Looking for Singaporean Female Roomie

I am an international student (girl) looking for a local to apply together for hall to get +2 points under Willing-to-share Scheme. My current points are 12 (so YOUR points need to be 10-14).
If you interested pl contact me: 98685814

Last edited by dukes05; 04-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.
dukes05 is offline   Reply With Quote