BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
CN Yang Scholars Club

CN Yang Scholars Club has a neutral reputation
Default NTU CN Yang Scholars Program

Hi!

We are from the outreach team of NTU's CN Yang Scholars Club. Feel free to ask us any questions related to CN Yang Scholars Programme in this forum. We'll be happy to answer your questions.

To find out more about NTU's CN Yang Scholars Programme, you can visit our website at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/cnyang-scholar...s/default.aspx

Besides that you can also contact us through our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CNYangScholars

Cheers!

CN Yang Scholars Club
CN Yang Scholars Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
CN Yang Scholars Club

Default CN Yang Program @ Let's Talk NTU 2014

Find us at Let's Talk NTU 2014 on 18 January 2014 (Saturday) from 11am to 5pm at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre Level 3 Meeting Rooms.

Our program director will also be giving a talk on the program at 1pm in Room 323.

For more information, please visit http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/LetsTalk...lkSchedule.pdf

You can also download our program brochure at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/cnyang-scholar...ogramme_FA.PDF

Cheers!

CN Yang Scholars Club
Old 03-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
alice.stb

alice.stb has a neutral reputation
Post Chances of Getting into CN Yang Scholars Program

Hi.

I'm a graduating poly student and have received an offer from NTU to study Biological Sciences. I also indicated my interest in CN Yang Scholars Program during my application.

I'm just wondering what are my chances of getting in? are there any poly students in the program now?

My current 5 semester GPA is 4.0. I hold a leadership position in SP CCA and also involve in some community service work outside of school.

Thank you!
alice.stb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #4
CN Yang Scholars Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice.stb View Post
Hi.

I'm a graduating poly student and have received an offer from NTU to study Biological Sciences. I also indicated my interest in CN Yang Scholars Program during my application.

I'm just wondering what are my chances of getting in? are there any poly students in the program now?

My current 5 semester GPA is 4.0. I hold a leadership position in SP CCA and also involve in some community service work outside of school.

Thank you!
Hi Alice!

Glad to hear that you are interested in the program.

It is difficult for us to give you a judgement on how your chances are as the 'difficulty' varies from year to year depending on your peers' calibre. As of now, we do not have any poly students yet but we are certainly open to applications from poly students.

Regards,

CN Yang Scholars' Club
Old 03-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #5
CN Yang Scholars Club

Our student ambassadors will also be at NTU's Open House today (8th March 2014). Do look for our booth located in the Nanyang Auditorium. You can find out more about the program and our scholars' life through interacting with our student ambassadors.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #6
ckrrtje

ckrrtje has a neutral reputation

Hi. I was offered the nanyang scholarship after an interview with some professors. Is there a separate application and interview to get into the cn yang scholarship program?
ckrrtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
CN Yang Scholars Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrrtje View Post
Hi. I was offered the nanyang scholarship after an interview with some professors. Is there a separate application and interview to get into the cn yang scholarship program?
Hi!

The interview for admission to the CN Yang Scholars Programme is a separate process but the application is the same one that you have used to apply to NTU. You need to indicate that you want to be considered for the CN Yang Scholars Programme when filing your online application, which is on the same page as the indication of interest for Nanyang Scholarship. Once you have indicated your interest, we will call you for interview if you are able to meet our requirements.

Regards,

CN Yang Scholars' Club
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
CN Yang Scholars Club

Dear all forumers,

The CN Yang Scholars' Club can also be contacted through Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CNYangScholars .

Regards,

CN Yang Scholars' Club
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
chewjl

chewjl has a neutral reputation

does nanyang scholarship also guarantee overseas study programmes? or is it only cn yang scholarship?
chewjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #10
CN Yang Scholars Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewjl View Post
does nanyang scholarship also guarantee overseas study programmes? or is it only cn yang scholarship?
Hi!

For your information, CN Yang Scholars Programme is not a scholarship but a scholars programme. Every CN Yang Scholar is guaranteed a scholarship. For Singaporeans, the scholarship would be the Nanyang Scholarship. Nanyang Scholarship offers only priority for overseas exchange during application while the CN Yang Scholars Programme guarantees one semester of overseas exchange.

Regards,

CN Yang Scholars' Club

Tags
cn yang, engineering, ntu, science