BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
lxy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16
lxy has a neutral reputation
Default

im gg for the interview on monday too! wad time is urs?mine's in e morning...haha good luck to all of u!=)
lxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
sunshine89
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
sunshine89 has a neutral reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxy View Post
im gg for the interview on monday too! wad time is urs?mine's in e morning...haha good luck to all of u!=)

mine is in the afternoon=D hehe..all the best LXY...dunno how will it turn out to be..since next wk shld be the first batch of students being called up for interviews..
sunshine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
significant21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
significant21 has a neutral reputation
Default

Sunshine89 and lxy, may i know your results? I'm just quite curious what is the criteria to be shortlisted.
significant21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
DaZz
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Punggol
Posts: 62
DaZz has a neutral reputation
Default

oh my.. i have not received any calls from ntu..
DaZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
dershing
BrightSparks Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 138
dershing has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine89 View Post
Good luck to you then! Im going for the interview on Monday..so nervous..i wonder if scholarships provided by schools are harder to get...
hey guys,

for university scholarships, remember that they already want you as students, now what you need to do is to convince them that you will contribute so much to their university/faculty diversity or achievement that you are worth giving free tuition fees + living allowance to! They do not need to offer you a job at the end, so actually it is easier to handle as an interview. Bear this part in mind and I think you will find it easier. scholarships offered by universities are a marketing tool from their standpoint, not an employment tool like those offered by companies. Smalll difference from your stand point (esp when comparing 2 local offers) but big difference in what they hope to get from you and hence how you sell yourself.
dershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #16
LockT31W
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 813
LockT31W has a neutral reputation
Default

just make it obvious that you won't spend all your days mugging in the library. bring out the non-academic side of your personality. talk about your CCAs and your other passions. and make sure you tell them how much you want to be in their university - that you're not just there for your degree.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
trapezium
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11
trapezium has a neutral reputation
Default nanyang interview?

Hi all,

I'm going for my Nanyang Scholarship Interview later on at 5. I've been offered a double degree in Accountancy and Business.

Anyone knows what questions they might ask?
And how long would the interview last?

Much thanks for your help!
trapezium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #18
saint0106
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
saint0106 has a neutral reputation
Default

Hi, I'm just wondering if the interview for this scholarship takes place in NIE? I've received the email from NTU but I didn't go for the interview. =.=
saint0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #19
sunshine89
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
sunshine89 has a neutral reputation
Default

Thanks so much for your advice and suggestions!! I think my interview today turned out pretty fine=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dershing View Post
hey guys,

for university scholarships, remember that they already want you as students, now what you need to do is to convince them that you will contribute so much to their university/faculty diversity or achievement that you are worth giving free tuition fees + living allowance to! They do not need to offer you a job at the end, so actually it is easier to handle as an interview. Bear this part in mind and I think you will find it easier. scholarships offered by universities are a marketing tool from their standpoint, not an employment tool like those offered by companies. Smalll difference from your stand point (esp when comparing 2 local offers) but big difference in what they hope to get from you and hence how you sell yourself.
sunshine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #20
sunshine89
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
sunshine89 has a neutral reputation
Default

It took place at the student service centre which was rather difficult to find since it wasn't really visible from the bus stop..had a rather hard time getting there was it was worth it afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint0106 View Post
Hi, I'm just wondering if the interview for this scholarship takes place in NIE? I've received the email from NTU but I didn't go for the interview. =.=
sunshine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.