BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #11
pearl

pearl has a neutral reputation

i jus had the interview too. i think i screwed up my written and interview too. wonder if the qn you got is the same as mine. yeah, my interview was abt 15 min, i think that's the standard duration and i had one interviewer who was nice too.
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
yoyo

yoyo has a neutral reputation

oh ya, i think i did badly too.haha i was super late that day.about o.5 hr=.=
then i saw this sociology girl who came 0.5 hr earlier and say ' she will walk ard'
Advice to those going prepare 1/2 hr buffer to find that place not including the time to travel to ntu.
our essay were given 0.5 hr to complete a one page paper and they did gave 5 mins notice before the time ends.
my interviewer is quite friendly but i cant ans most of his qns and i talk alot about unrelated stuff haha..
good luck to the others then=)
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #13
afelis

afelis has a neutral reputation

hey guys. just got a call this afternoon for an interview. sorry but I'm a bit clueless about the interview and test. is it compulsory for all applicants or only a selected few? the website was a bit vague.

anyway I'm really anxious. T.T can anyone who've recently gone for the interview and test share their experience? from what I've gathered so far, the first batch (which posted in this thread) took a compre test, while the second wrote an essay. and please share more interview questions! can anyone who have gone for any interviews/tests since update this post please?

oh btw, my interview is on 5th May, a Tuesday. So it would help if anyone going for an interview from now till then post your experience here as well! btw it's an individual interview right? Thanks lots in advance!

Last edited by afelis; 04-30-2009 at 01:27 AM.
afelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #14
pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelis View Post
hey guys. just got a call this afternoon for an interview. sorry but I'm a bit clueless about the interview and test. is it compulsory for all applicants or only a selected few? the website was a bit vague.

anyway I'm really anxious. T.T can anyone who've recently gone for the interview and test share their experience? from what I've gathered so far, the first batch (which posted in this thread) took a compre test, while the second wrote an essay. and please share more interview questions! can anyone who have gone for any interviews/tests since update this post please?

oh btw, my interview is on 5th May, a Tuesday. So it would help if anyone going for an interview from now till then post your experience here as well! btw it's an individual interview right? Thanks lots in advance!
the first batch took a compre? really? I thought my test date should be one of those in the first batch. For me, it was a 30 minute short write-up/essay. I only had one side of paper to write on, as the other side was the question, so go figure the length. my interview was only 15 minutes, i think it's the standard protocol. maybe the interviews are longer for those who impress them more. I had one interviewer. The questions are the usual kind. Why do you want to join lms? etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
afelis

oh.. no compre huh.. because post #6 on this same thread said there was a compre test. oops I made a mistake then. what was your essay question, pearl? was it a general knowledge question or linguistic-related?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
afelis

after a bit of poking around (with the help of google ), I found out that one of the earlier test questions was "how do children learn languages?". Yep, hope it'll be of help to anyone else wanting to know more about the test. Anyone else who've taken the test and were asked different questions, please put them up here too!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
elaiine

elaiine has a neutral reputation

hey, im actually going for the interview on tues, 5may too. will prob see you there? what time's yr interview/test?

oh and i know that there are prob people who went for an interview today too.
elaiine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #18
afelis

My test and interview is at 1.45pm on Tuesday. Is it the same for you?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
elaiine

elaiine has a neutral reputation

Quote:
My test and interview is at 1.45pm on Tuesday. Is it the same for you?
yep, same!
elaiine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
pearl

Quote:
oh.. no compre huh.. because post #6 on this same thread said there was a compre test. oops I made a mistake then. what was your essay question, pearl? was it a general knowledge question or linguistic-related?
haha yoyo meant another thread, the sociology one I think. it's definitely linguistic-related Anything about linguistics. just fyi, my question was different from the one you sourced out. So maybe they change the question for each batch ? All the Best for your interview