BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
zidanedagger

zidanedagger has a neutral reputation

I have found a singaporean with same faculty and have submited the hall application both of us at the same time. Quite good that before meet each other we have built a better relationship. So, its very funny when we first meet each other already knowing each other very well. Wish you all the best!
zidanedagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
greenpops

greenpops has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_22 View Post
wahhhh damn tolerant of other cultures ah...
anybody got weird" cultures" or crazy habits of their roommates....i am thinking of sharing a room too, cos my close friends r all in nus....but i am so worried about finding strange ppl too, by then it will be irreversible..wat is the minimum period i can try out for a hostel????
greenpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
sonrocker

sonrocker has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpops View Post
wat is the minimum period i can try out for a hostel????
I think there's no minimum period...if u feel hostel culture doesnt fit u, u can opt out but u will have to incur some non-refundable amount when ur hostel place is granted.
U can try to look for a suitable roommate before 6th July, otherwise, u'll be paired randomly.
Cheers.
sonrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
sunnybee

sunnybee has a neutral reputation

I'm trying to find a roomie too, haha! hope to find someone that I can click with, haha!

My info is as such:
Local singaporean, female.
From SP, going to HSS Psychology.
Don't mind any kind of rooms and halls.
Can sleep with and without aircon.

Looking for:
Someone who is decently tidy and hygenic.
Preferably Chinese-speaking (cos i speak Mandarin most of the time)

Any females looking for roomie too? Pls feel free to pm me! (:

Last edited by sunnybee; 06-23-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: more info added! (:
sunnybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
hellolulu

hellolulu has a neutral reputation

Hellooo there, I'm looking for a roommate too because all my close friends are in NUS or aren't staying in hostel in NTU ):

I'm hoping to know who I'm going to room with before I apply cause I'm don't really want to be randomly assigned to someone and find out later that our personalities/behaviours don't fit, which I think is pretty bad considering the hostel is going to be my home for the next year, at the least. (Eg, I'm a little particular abt personal hygiene and the general state of cleanliness of my room etcetc so I hope not to have to encounter a roommate who's a total opposite cause I think sensitive matters like these are kinda hard to lay on the table without maybe either party feel awkward). Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much an easygoing person hahaha.

I'm a female chinese singaporean, and I'm going to be studying Biz+Acct in NBS. I'm fine with both Aircon/Non-aircon though, I'd prefer staying in aircon hostel if the other party has no violent objections

Feel free to PM me if you're a female chinese singaporean and interested in looking for a roommate! (: thanks much!

Last edited by hellolulu; 06-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.
hellolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
zidanedagger

zidanedagger has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellolulu View Post
Hellooo there, I'm looking for a roommate too because all my close friends are in NUS or aren't staying in hostel in NTU ):

I'm hoping to know who I'm going to room with before I apply cause I'm don't really want to be randomly assigned to someone and find out later that our personalities/behaviours don't fit, which I think is pretty bad considering the hostel is going to be my home for the next year, at the least. (Eg, I'm a little particular abt personal hygiene and the general state of cleanliness of my room etcetc so I hope not to have to encounter a roommate who's a total opposite cause I think sensitive matters like these are kinda hard to lay on the table without maybe either party feel awkward). Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much an easygoing person hahaha.

I'm a female chinese singaporean, and I'm going to be studying Biz+Acct in NBS. I'm fine with both Aircon/Non-aircon though, I'd prefer staying in aircon hostel if the other party has no violent objections

Feel free to PM me if you're a female chinese singaporean and interested in looking for a roommate! (: thanks much!
Wah! Biz + Acc DDP. Good luck on finding roommate!
zidanedagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #17
greenpops

[QUOTE=hellolulu;21982]Hellooo there, I'm looking for a roommate too because all my close friends are in NUS or aren't staying in hostel in NTU ):
QUOTE]

Hello..shakes hands...i am also stuck in the same situation...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
greenpops

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanedagger View Post
I have found a singaporean with same faculty and have submited the hall application both of us at the same time. Quite good that before meet each other we have built a better relationship. So, its very funny when we first meet each other already knowing each other very well. Wish you all the best!

woah..u r very lucky indeed
Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
skizzer

skizzer has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybee View Post
I'm trying to find a roomie too, haha! hope to find someone that I can click with, haha!

My info is as such:
Local singaporean, female.
From SP, going to HSS Psychology.
Don't mind any kind of rooms and halls.
Can sleep with and without aircon.

Looking for:
Someone who is decently tidy and hygenic.
Preferably Chinese-speaking (cos i speak Mandarin most of the time)

Any females looking for roomie too? Pls feel free to pm me! (:
hello lulu shud pair up with sunny bee =) LOL
skizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #20
denny stephen

denny stephen has a neutral reputation

hey anione still looking for a male roomate? pls pm me.
denny stephen is offline   Reply With Quote