BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
mushi_sushi

mushi_sushi has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasc View Post
i applied to them 2 weeks ago... but have yet to receive any news of any interview or whatsoever. anyone knows if they're still in the midst of processing?
hey hey. just curious, what is ur score?
mushi_sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
Splitfirz

Splitfirz has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiSushi View Post
Hey, is it possible to 'join' this REP after year 1? I wanted to sign up for this, but the talk that i attended during ntu open house really gave me a shock. "This REP is targeting the top 2% of the cohort... blah blah blah" It sounds like a very prestigious program to me and i didn't sign up for it in the end. Just wondering if im able to get in if i do exceptionally well for my year 1.
hey there, from my knowledge, its possible. But I'm not sure how exactly would one "catch up" with the rest. I believe there will be some instances where we would be taking modules with our "seniors" since its a accelerated programme.
Splitfirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
SashimiSushi

SashimiSushi has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitfirz View Post
hey there, from my knowledge, its possible. But I'm not sure how exactly would one "catch up" with the rest. I believe there will be some instances where we would be taking modules with our "seniors" since its a accelerated programme.
Alright, i will figure things out, but i guess i shall now focus in doing well for my year 1! thx a lot for the prompt reply!
SashimiSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
ducide

ducide has a neutral reputation

went for the interview. kinda anxious over the results. anyone receive any offers yet?
ducide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #15
ultrasc

ultrasc has a neutral reputation

results should be out.. check your the joint admission portal to see if you were offered. good luck!
ultrasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #16
ducide

ducide has a neutral reputation

Quote:
results should be out.. check your the joint admission portal to see if you were offered. good luck!
omg really?! i've got no offers yet
where did u get this source from?
ducide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
ultrasc

ultrasc has a neutral reputation

i was wondering if there's anyone in REP on Nanyang Scholarship too? somehow i get this impression that by being in REP you stand a high chance of obtaining a nanyang scholarship.. just like the same thing that NUS offers for its Global Engineering Programme
ultrasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
endlesswaltz

endlesswaltz has a neutral reputation

hi all,

yes! the result should be out alr. u can check it online or wait for the letter to arrive

anyway i want to ask if REP's tuition fee (which is $123,840 for foreigner) is already subjected to tuition grant or not?

or anyone knows if REP students will automatically be offered nanyang scholarship or any other of scholarship from nanyang?

thanks and good luck for those waiting for the news!
endlesswaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
billthegeek

billthegeek has a neutral reputation

Quote:
i was wondering if there's anyone in REP on Nanyang Scholarship too? somehow i get this impression that by being in REP you stand a high chance of obtaining a nanyang scholarship.. just like the same thing that NUS offers for its Global Engineering Programme
Since REP is offered to the top 2% of NTU's cohort, I guess REP students obviously stand an excellent chance of getting the NYS. But you'll have to apply for the scholarship in the first place to get it.
billthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
screenedkiss

screenedkiss has a neutral reputation

Hi all, can I check with you all: If you were offered a place for REP but you did not apply for any NTU scholarship prior to this, is it too late to apply now?
screenedkiss is offline   Reply With Quote