BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Maldini

Maldini has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushi_sushi View Post
just wondering, what is the usual attire for ntu business?
T-shirts, berms/shorts and slippers are very common for guys and girls in nbs. We only wear formal for presentation.
Maldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushi_sushi View Post
Hi hi!

are there any seniors who care to share?

Is the hall life very active?
What type of rooms are there?
If you intend to stay for the second year, then you will need to be heavily-involved in hall activities. If not, you can just selectively choose any activities that you want to join. Also, It is better to join orientation camps so that that you have more friends to chill/eat dinner with at night.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
clo

clo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
If you intend to stay for the second year, then you will need to be heavily-involved in hall activities. If not, you can just selectively choose any activities that you want to join. Also, It is better to join orientation camps so that that you have more friends to chill/eat dinner with at night.
May I know what kind of activities will be held?
clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
clo

Hi, is ther anyone who can answer my question?
My friend going to appeal and we wanted to share room at NTU.
However result of appeal will only be out on end June/early July and the application for hostel ends at 11th of July.

If I will to wait for her to get her result, will our chance of getting a room be slimmer?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
aiedail

aiedail has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo View Post
Hi, is ther anyone who can answer my question?
My friend going to appeal and we wanted to share room at NTU.
However result of appeal will only be out on end June/early July and the application for hostel ends at 11th of July.

If I will to wait for her to get her result, will our chance of getting a room be slimmer?
Don't worry as long as you apply before the deadline you'll get to room together. All freshmen are entitled to a space in hall! Just remember to fill up the application forms correctly. Just don't miss the deadline! She needs to matriculate before that though, but it shouldn't be a problem.
aiedail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
clo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiedail View Post
Don't worry as long as you apply before the deadline you'll get to room together. All freshmen are entitled to a space in hall! Just remember to fill up the application forms correctly. Just don't miss the deadline! She needs to matriculate before that though, but it shouldn't be a problem.
Haha, she just received her offer but she still trying to appeal to NUS for a course she wanted.
Thank you so much!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo View Post
May I know what kind of activities will be held?
There are many sports or recreational/board games that you can participate in and represent your hall for the inter-hall games.

There are also many social events happening throughout the year such as halloween night/Christmas party/CNY steamboat/Night cycling/Angel & Mortal for Valentines day.

If you are the artistic type of person, then you can also take part in dancing/acting. There should be a cultural night event in every hall. You can also take part in cheer-leading competition.

Actually it depends on the hall. I believe each hall got their own set of activities.

Last edited by Maldini; 05-27-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #18
mushi_sushi

mushi_sushi has a neutral reputation

oh yeah! do the showers have heater??
mushi_sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #19
clo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
There are many sports or recreational/board games that you can participate in and represent your hall for the inter-hall games.

There are also many social events happening throughout the year such as halloween night/Christmas party/CNY steamboat/Night cycling/Angel & Mortal for Valentines day.

If you are the artistic type of person, then you can also take part in dancing/acting. There should be a cultural night event in every hall. You can also take part in cheer-leading competition.

Actually it depends on the hall. I believe each hall got their own set of activities.

Thank you! haha, looking forward to join the hall!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #20
starkiller

starkiller has a neutral reputation

Dear all. I m currently a yr 3 student and was a JCRC member. Apparently some of the info that was provided in the previous post was abit inaccurate. Hence pls do not hestitate to ask me more questions or if u would like to join my hall, pls pm me and I will assist u. I m from one of the halls with lifts.

Cheers !!
starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote