BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Kas

Kas has a neutral reputation
Default Did Worse for Retake

Hi, I did worse for my retake.

2014: GP A, H2 Econs B, H2 Physics D, H2 Maths E, H2 Chem E, PW A
2015: GP B, H2 Econs D, H2 Physics D, H2 Maths E, H2 Chem E

Which set of grades will the universities look at? The latest one?

What courses can I get into for my grades? (Not very interested in the Sciences though)
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #2
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

You did badly the first round, decided to retake, but still unnecessarily did 4H2 when you could have done 3H2 1H1? Or is that a typo?

The universities will look at the set of grades that you submit. Usually they will just take the best sitting, which is the 2014 sitting.

I think your RP for the 2014 sitting should be borderline for some NTU engineering courses.You should have a chance at EEE or ME at NTU. What non-science course are you looking at? Seems that you might have a chance for NTU English, Chinese or ADM.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
Kas

Kas has a neutral reputation

Thanks for the response!

Nope, no typo... I did 4H2s again because Econs is usually not a problem for me. Clearly, my assumption was wrong. Lesson learnt Didn't help that I fell ill for a few papers because of the haze either...

I am considering English, Chinese and ADM. Engineering wouldn't be my preferred choice; but no helping it, I guess. Any tips for acing ADM's portfolio and English's selection tests?
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
[email protected]

community@lithan has a neutral reputation

not v sure abt the english tests but you shld have some of your design/art works done by you and used for some exhibition etc. to show them that even without at design diploma you'll b able to manage in adm at a university level, i know someone who managed to get in with a good portfolio although he didnt have spectacular grades so you shld be fine w a good portfolio!
community@lithan is offline   Reply With Quote