BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Mis

Default NTU College of Science - Biomedical Sciences & TCM

what are the prospects of having a tcm degree/ a science degree?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
hpargotof

hpargotof has a neutral reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to hpargotof
Arrow why not consider double degree?

Since you seem to be interested in both the sciences & TCM; why not try NTU's Double Degree: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biomedical Sciences &
Bachelor of Chinese Medicine?

here is the link to its FAQs:
http://www.sbs.ntu.edu.sg/prospectus...ad/BMS/FAQ.php
hpargotof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
benzzz

benzzz has a neutral reputation

the tcm/science double degree program gives you 2 full degrees upon graduation from ntu? are the modules taken comparable to that of those students who take a single degree course in tcm? thx.
benzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
LockT31W

LockT31W has a neutral reputation

warning: if you hate chinese, don't take TCM. you need to learn chinese because all the medicine and equipment come from china. i think you'll also need to learn traditional chinese (!) because i guess some of the books are written that way.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
elee

elee has a neutral reputation

i agree with LockT31W. if u are planning to take up the double degree in NTU, take note that about half of the lessons conducted in ntu (first 3 years) will be in chinese, and lessons conducted in BUCM (final 2 years) are highly likely to be conducted fully in chinese.
elee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #6
orthoptics

orthoptics has a neutral reputation

This guy is from NTU TCM, prob can ask him for more info:

http://featherstonehaugh-kt.blogspot...4/turning.html
orthoptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
totallylost

totallylost has a neutral reputation

hey what is the min. cut-off to get into this double degree course? are we allowed to use dictionaries during the exam?
totallylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
lulu

lulu has a neutral reputation

hello hello! I have been offered a place at ntu TCM and biomedical double degree. anyone offered the same course as me?!?!
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
kuding

kuding has a neutral reputation

i was offered NTU TCM as well, but i wanna do medicine more. so likely will give that up. anyway. i went to the open house last year and spoke to one of the 3rd year student who was going to beijing soon to complete the 2nd part of the TCM course. she said coz the course is really new they are the pioneer batch or second batch, she was saying that the supply exceeds the demand quite significantly. she was telling me there are relatively few prospective employers. so u might wanna consider it through thoroughly before making the call. anyway, the good thing is that since it is a double degree, even if u dun practise as a chinese physician, u can always progress as a biomed scientist in your career path, so wider choices in the future i'd say. and i agree with the must like chinese part, coz 2 years or so will be spent in beijing, then everything u study will be in chinese, so cant really afford to hate chinese if u are considering to take up this course. hope this helps.
kuding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
lulu

lulu has a neutral reputation

[QUOTE=kuding;17121] she said coz the course is really new they are the pioneer batch or second batch, she was saying that the supply exceeds the demand quite significantly. she was telling me there are relatively few prospective employers.

Oh my! really? haha okay thanks this really helps! but does a NUS science degree has a better prospective than TCM? cos i was offered a place at science fac at nus. from what i know, a science degree is quite useless unless you study until masters or phd, which i think is really quite true. suggestions anyone??

or maybe i shld just go to aus and do medicine next year.
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote