BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
SARAVANAN

SARAVANAN has a neutral reputation
Post MOE Teaching Scholarship [NUS Student]

hello my name is saravanan

my a level grades are

H1 GP E
H2 PHY A
H2 CHEM A
H2 ECONS A
H2 MATHS A
H1 PW A
Higher Tamil A

What are my chances for getting a moe teaching scholarship?? either overseas or local..i am currently in nus chemical engineering..planning to change my course to a major in chemistry if applicable. CAn somesome help me??
SARAVANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Hi, I've moved it to the right thread.

If I'm not wrong, the MOE Teaching Scholarship is for A level/IB/Poly students - and not university students. Since you're in university already, I'm afraid that I don't think you're eligible.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
SARAVANAN

hello thanks for your reply..i am not yet in nus chemical engineering..currently serving NS..will be enrolling in 2012 aug..so do i still stand a chance?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
justifiedcause

justifiedcause has a neutral reputation

Hey, I think you still can apply as far as the cycle for application is concerned. But MOE wld want you to take pure sciences and not engineering..so they most probably would ask you to change your course before they offer you anything..
justifiedcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
SARAVANAN

Okay thanks alot..however i am wondering if my gp score would hinder my chances. I understand that grade E is a pretty bad result. Nevertheless, my general papaer isnt that bad and the gp grade is more of a blip in my resluts. hence, i would like to know if this would hinder my teaching scholarship applications?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
justifiedcause

justifiedcause has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAVANAN View Post
Okay thanks alot..however i am wondering if my gp score would hinder my chances. I understand that grade E is a pretty bad result. Nevertheless, my general papaer isnt that bad and the gp grade is more of a blip in my resluts. hence, i would like to know if this would hinder my teaching scholarship applications?
It really depends..Whether you get the scholarship or not, it really depends on your interview.
justifiedcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Oh, I see. Hm, your GP grade would hurt really your chances for getting to the interview part of the scholarship application. Do you have any teaching experience? CCA records?
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
SARAVANAN

Yup I do think so too..nevertheless m just wondering wad r the grades of those offered the scholarships ( moe teaching scholarship )... Anyway as for cca in my jc years, I was a treasurer in sone society, member of school hockey team, participated in an overseas community involvement programme..as for sec school, I was a staff seargent in NPCC and member if some society..do not really have any teaching experiences..thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
h1every01

h1every01 has a neutral reputation

I heard that moe scholarships are looking for people with leadership qualities. Since you were an exco, I think that you do stand a chance. I have a friend who get straight As for all his subjs, but an E for GP, and managed to get the MOE scholarship. ( he got the exact same grades as you just that he took HCL) It all depends on your interview once you are shortlisted. I feel that the chances of you getting shortlisted if you appply is quite high. No harm trying for the scholarship if you're passionate about that area.

Last edited by h1every01; 01-28-2011 at 01:33 PM.
h1every01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
SARAVANAN

really?? if so, thats definitely a morale booster for me..thanks alot